Pre-Operative Assessment Clinic
Pre-Operative Health Questionnaire
CLICK HERE to complete your pre-op health questionnaire (Synopsis iQ)
The Pre-operative service will:
- Assess your health and fitness before surgery
- Provide advice on your medicines before surgery
- Give you information about your hospital stay
Before your operation, you should be asked to complete an online health questionnaire called Synopsis iQ. Based on the results of this you will either:
- Attend hospital for some routine tests before surgery (i.e. infection screening and blood tests)
- Have an appointment to discuss your health with a pre-op nurse
- Have an appointment to discuss your health with an anaesthetist and a pre-op nurse
Before your appointment please ensure you have completed your online health questionnaire. Please have details of current medications and your weight/height to hand.
A formal appointment with a pre-op nurse or anaesthetist usually takes 30-60 minutes.
All patients having surgery will require a COVID PCR swab to be taken no more than three days prior to surgery. This will be arranged for you. During the pandemic details of isolation before surgery will be sent to you.
Certain patients will need preoperative blood tests and a heart tracing (ECG) before surgery. This will be arranged for you.
We are a countywide service. Where possible appointments will be made closest to your home. Occasionally it may be necessary for you to travel to a further site.
Changing or Cancelling Your Appointment
Please tell us if you need to change or cancel an appointment so we can offer it to someone else.