Kidderminster Hospital and Treatment Centre
We want your experience with us to be as relaxed and comfortable as possible. We have designed this section to provide useful information for anyone coming to the hospital, whether as an inpatient, outpatient or visitor.
Visiting times and contact details for specific wards can be found under ward information.
Please use the links on the left-hand side of this page to find out more about Kidderminster Hospital and Treatment Centre.
10 things you should know about Kidderminster Hospital and Treatment Centre
- We treat nearly 15,000 in-patients a year
- We provide our surgical in-patients single bedded rooms
- We undertake a wide range of procedures from hip replacements to eye surgery
- We treat around 24,000 minor injury patients a year
- We open our Minor Injury Unit from 08:00 - 22:00, 7 days a week and 365 days a year
- We see around 130,000 out-patients a year
Six hundred staff are based at the Hospital and over 70 Consultants visit the hospital providing out-patient and in-patient services
- We have an excellent record of infection control and our theatres and surgical ward are MRSA free
- We undertake nearly 50,000 x-rays every year
- We opened the Treatment Centre in 2004 and offer some of the most modern facilities in the NHS
About Kidderminster Hospital and Treatment Centre
Kidderminster Hospital houses the Kidderminster Treatment Centre which offers outstanding clinical facilities and patient accommodation for a wide range of daycase, short stay and inpatient procedures.
The nurse-led minor injuries services is open from 08:00 - 22:00 a day and treats more than 24,000 patients every year. It can deal with a wide variety of injuries including simple fractures, soft tissue injuries, lacerations, bites, burns and scaled.
Other facilities at the Kidderminster site include a full range of outpatient clinics – including outpatient cancer treatment in the Millbrook Suite – MRI and CT scanners and a renal dialysis unit.
There is also a modern education centre with seminar rooms, IT suite, library and break out areas.
Our plan for Kidderminster is to increase the number of daycase, short stay and inpatient procedures performed and for it to become an elective centre for the Trust.