Worcestershire acute hospitals Cardiology Department is led by nine consultant cardiologists providing treatment for patients with every type of heart disease. Specialist in and outpatient services are provided for patients in Worcestershire and Herefordshire with Chest pain, heart failure and heart rhythm problems. We also run local clinics with visiting specialists for patients with adult congenital heart disease and those requiring heart surgery.
The department is based on the Worcester, Alexandra and Kidderminster sites all with access to outpatient cardiac investigations. Additional clinics are run in the communities of Bromsgrove, Droitwich, Evesham and Malvern.
Patients can expect to receive on-going care and support from clinicians and a team of specialist nurses, working across the acute hospitals and in the community, to help manage their heart condition.
We believe we can offer you the best and most convenient cardiology care. Our facilities at
Worcestershire Royal Hospital includes:
- An 8 bed coronary care and 6 bed step-down monitored unit
- A dedicated cardiology ward
- Two cardiac catheter laboratories with state-of the art equipment
- 1 pacing / procedure room
Procedures available for the treatment and diagnosis of heart disease include:
- Cardiac catheterization, Coronary angioplasty and stenting
- Implantable loop recorders
- Pacemakers, including biventricular cardiac resynchronization devices
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICD)
- Cardiac ultrasound (echocardiography)
- Cardiac CT and MR imaging including stress perfusion CMR
- Radionuclide imaging
|Dr Trevelyan||Kirsty Hoskins||33996|
|Dr Routledge||Debbie Minton||33958|
|Dr Scriven||Debbie Minton||33958|
|Dr Smith||Debbie Minton||33958|
|Dr Roberts||Kirsty Hoskins||33996|
|Dr Foster||Lauren Neathway||33994|
|Dr Wilson||Lauren Neathway||33994|
|Dr Goyal||Jo Davies||33361|
At our Alexandra Hospital site:
- A 4 bed coronary care and 8 bed step down unit
- Procedure room for TOE and pacing
|Dr Khattak||Michelle Rambini||44418|
|Dr Taylor||Michelle Rambini||44418|
|Dr Abban||Lucie Satchwell||44169|
Cardiopulmonary department: equipped for exercise testing, transthoracic / transoesophaegeal and stress echocardiography locally on all 3 main sites
Cardiac Rehab and support groups
- Cardiac rehab team’s provide support, information, exercise classes and education events across the county.
- Redditch Hale and Hearties meeting biomonthly since 1997 supporting patients and carers after a cardiac event. Redditch Hale and Hearties - Heart Support Group / Anne Brooks 07977 589436.
- Worcester Heart Support Group:
Meet monthly at St Marks Church Hall, Off Bath Road, Worcester, WR5 3DW.
whsg.atspace.co.uk - Contact John Bradley on 07816 205837
- Kidderminster Take Heart Support Group since 1997 meet quarterly for patients and relatives
Meet the team
Meet the Cardiology consultants who work across our Trust
NHS Choices Link to Heart Disease:
British Heart Foundation: