Who can claim for help with travel costs?
If you are in receipt of one of the following benefits you are entitled to claim for travel costs for appointments for NHS treatment.
- Income Support
- Guaranteed Pension Credits
- Tax Credits with an exemption certificate
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Low Income HC2 or HC3 certificates
How to claim
These expenses can be claimed from the Cashier's office at the Alexandra Hospital, Kidderminster Hospital and Treatment Centre and Worcestershire Royal Hospital.
You must bring with you your letter of entitlement for benefit, your appointment letter or card and your travel or parking ticket.
When the cashiers is closed there are 2 options,
- HC5 forms are available on site at main reception areas or from your local Job Centre. These can be completed and sent off to NHSBSA - all details are on the HC5 form. You have 3 months to claim for the travel costs.
- You can claim on your next visit to the hospital if you are due in again within the 3 months.
If you are unsure, please ring the cashiers for advice.
The Cashier's office is located on the ground floor next to the Orthopaedic Centre.
Open Monday to Wednesday (excluding Bank Holidays) - 9am to 1pm and 1.30pm to 4.30pm.
Kidderminster Hospital and Treatment Centre
The Cashier's office is located on the ground floor of the Treatment Centre.
Open Monday to Friday - 10am to 2.30pm.
Worcestershire Royal Hospital
The Cashier's office is located on Meadow level 1, behind Costa Coffee in the main entrance.
Open Monday to Thursday, 9.15am to 12.30pm and 1.00pm to 3.45pm.
Friday, 9.15am to 12.30pm and 12.45pm to 2.45pm