Hospital staff celebrate successes
The achievements of NHS nurses, doctors and support staff were celebrated at a ceremony on Friday 25 September, with Olympic swimmer Mark Foster on hand to congratulate winners and present awards.
An audience of 200 people celebrated as Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust awarded 20 members of staff and teams for their outstanding achievements.
Over 480 nominations were received from staff and patients during May and June. Shortlisted staff were invited to the awards ceremony at the Chateau Impney in Droitwich, where Mark Foster shared his story and presented awards alongside Chairman Harry Turner and local sponsors of the event.
Harry Turner, Chairman said: “It’s a great honour to present these awards each year. Reading through the hordes of nominations served as a reminder of why I come to work every day.
“The thousands of thank you letters that our staff receive are proof that the care that they deliver day in and day out to our patients and their families is always appreciated.”
Our 2015 winners
- Nurse of the Year – Jo Underhill, Lead Colposcopy Nurse
- Midwife of the Year – Yvonne Baker, Midwife
- Doctor of the Year – Dr Ruma Dutta, Consultant Geriatrician
- Health Care Assistant of the Year – Judy Boulter, Health Care Assistant
- Allied Health Professional of the Year – Dawn Jackson, Occupational Therapy Clinical Specialist - Early Discharge
- Non-Clinical Employee of the Year – David Jones, Car Park Attendant
- Leader / Manager of the Year – Rita Rai, Directorate Support Manager
- Team of the Year – Neonatal nursing team
- Enhancing Patient Experience Award – Oncology team
- Patients’ Choice Award – Neil Morris, Health Care Assistant
- Apprentice / Student of the Year – Zoia Iqbal, Health Care Apprentice
- Volunteer of the Year – Beryl Walton, League of Friends Coffee Shop Volunteer
- Rising Star Award – Nick Vakis-Lowe, Midwife and Deputy Delivery Suite Manager
- Friends and Family Award –
- Debbie Tunnicliffe, Sister
- Karen McDonnell, Sister
- Lisa Rowberry, Matron
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Dot Millward, Sister
- Chief Executive’s Special Award – Cath Cox, Catering Manager and Niki Jones, Purchasing Clerk
- Chairman’s Special Award – Emergency Departments, Alexandra Hospital and Worcestershire Royal Hospital
Photos from the night
Thank you to all our sponsors