X-PERT Diabetes First Steps course
Attend a 2½ hour education session - available across a range of dates and locations, including evenings and weekends.
The sessions are run by a diabetes dietitian or nurse.
Meet other people with diabetes and receive an education handbook.
- About type 1 and type 2 diabetes and insulin action
- Health results and blood tests, their meaning and target ranges
- The AMOUNT of carbohydrate has a much greater impact on blood glucose than the TYPE
- Energy balance and long-term lifestyle change to manage weight
- Common myths and misconceptions regarding food and diabetes
- What is involved in a diabetes annual review and why
- The need to take responsibility for diabetes self-management and accept that self-care choices have the greatest impact on health and well-being.
Learn about the options to continue your learning: