breast clinics and specialities
Our breast care nurses are committed to the care of breast patients both in the screening and symptomatic settings.
We are experienced and knowledgeable in all aspects of breast care.
We give practical advice, emotional support and reassurance from your diagnosis, throughout treatment and ongoing follow up.
A breast care nurse is always present in the clinic when the consultant is giving you your test results. We are able to offer one-to-one support to help you understand your diagnosis and provide verbal and written information.
We also help and support you when you need to make decisions about various treatment options.
- advice and support with treatment options
- verbal and written information on all aspects of breast disease and breast reconstruction
- prosthesis fitting and bra advice
- lymphoedema care
- emotional support
- nipple tattooing
- family history clinics
- designated keyworker as point of contact from diagnosis onwards
- act as patient advocate at the weekly multidisciplinary team meetings where investigation results are discussed and give feedback to patients as applicable