Patient and public forum
Worcestershire Acute Hospitals Trust is committed to involving patients and local people in the services we provide. One way in which we do this is via our Patient Public Forum. This group plays a key role within the trust by:
- Undertaking regular ward and departmental visits to observe cleanliness, nutrition and hydration, care and privacy and dignity.
- Speaking to patients and carers / relatives about their experiences
- Supporting hospital staff to undertake regular audits including Quality Reviews and PLACE (Patient-Led Assessment of the Care Environment )
- Overseeing Improvement Plans and quality assurance
- Contributing to a wide range of service improvement initiatives including updating and improving patient information and our methods of engagement.
- Serving on a number of Trust Committees to ensure patient views are captured and represented
- Holding regular PPF meetings with senior Trust staff
- Helping ensure that patient views are always at the forefront of decision making
We would like to encourage people from a variety of backgrounds, ages and levels of experience to join our PPF so that it can be truly representative of our local communities. If this is a role that you think you could assist us with we would love to hear from you.