All NHS organisations are required to publish a statement of assurance that it has the necessary arrangements in place against five minimum criteria around safeguarding children.
Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust considers the safeguarding and protection of children to be a high priority throughout the organisation.
- The Trust meets statutory requirements in relation to Criminal Records Bureau checks
- Child Protection Polices and systems are up to date and robust including a process for flagging up children who miss outpatient appointments and a system for flagging children for whom there are safeguarding concerns.
- There is a Board level Executive Director lead for safeguarding
- Named professionals are clear about their roles and have sufficient time and support to undertake them.
- There is a rolling programme of training within the Trust to ensure that all eligible staff are trained at level 1.